Featured Post

Major update reorganizes entire haplogroup I2 tree

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

December 2013--this tree shows the state of knowledge back in December 2009, we've learned a lot since then--Bernie


I drew up this tree to explain some of the new research on haplogroup I2a, and I'm placing it here so other people can easily see it. This tree is based on Ken Nordtvedt's Warped Founder tree athttp://knordtvedt.home.bresnan.net/WarpedFounderTree.ppt

My cousin in Ireland and I belong to I2a1-"Sardinian" which gets its name from the Italian island of Sardinia where it is most common (this is just a convenient label--our ancestors probably never lived in Sardinia--some distant "cousins" probably were among the first settlers of Sardinia thousands of years ago).


No comments:

Post a Comment