Featured Post

Major update reorganizes entire haplogroup I2 tree

Thursday, February 8, 2018

Another uncommon branch in I-S2742 (part of "Isles"): Updated I-S2703 tree

Click here to see our February 7, 2017 draft tree for I-S2703

I-S2742 is a major branch of I-L161, and it contains much of what was formerly called "Isles-B". Our draft tree shows approximately 16 Big Y results, and almost all of the Big Ys were for British/Irish ancestry men (in fact, almost all of them have English paternal ancestry). One Big Y was for an American with Swedish paternal ancestry.  But we know that there are some German and Polish ancestry men (who live in Germany and Poland) in I-S2742.

All of the branches of I-S2742 are uncommon. The I-A1513 branch (Isles-B1) had a small expansion in the last 1000 years. Of course, continental Europe isn't sampled very well, and maybe we will find some larger branches eventually.

A new branch is shown in red: four novel variants (NV) are listed by Y chromsome position numbers, these variants have not yet been named as SNPs. There are an additional 20 NVs shared by this branch. The two known men in this branch are both Americans of British/Irish paternal ancestry but they are not close relatives, each man has approximately 8 private variants, and surely their common ancestor lived in Britain/Ireland many hundreds of years ago.


Click here to find our previous tree for I-S2703

No comments:

Post a Comment